Supermicro Announces UP Xeon Servers
New High-Efficiency SuperServers Leveraging Intel® 3010/3000 (Mukilteo-2P/2) Chipsets Deliver Increased Performance-per-Watt
San Jose, CA, September 27, 2006 - Super Micro Computer, Inc., a leading provider of application optimized, high performance server solutions, today announced optimization for the new Intel Xeon 3000 (Conroe) processor on its extensive line of new uni-processor (UP) server solutions. Supermicro’s broad line of new multi-core server solutions deliver improved performance and energy efficiency to provide users with a substantial performance-per-watt boost.
"Our incredibly versatile new line of Xeon 3000 multi-core platforms span a multitude of industry segments, and they deliver the performance and features users demand in order to realize the full potential of their applications," asserts Charles Liang, president and CEO of Supermicro. "Just as important, industry-leading energy efficiency and the ability to upgrade to multi-core processors reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) for all of these new products."
More than twenty new Supermicro server solutions support the new Dual-Core Xeon 3000 processor.
This huge selection of new UP servers includes the impressive SuperServer 5015M-UR, which supports three high-performance add-on cards and features 450-watt redundant power in a 1U formfactor. Supermico also offers two very compact, 14-inch deep, 1U servers. The SuperServer 5015M-MR+ and 5015M-MF+ are both powered by the PDSMi+ motherboard, which is based on the Intel 3000 (Mukilteo-2) chipset. These servers support one Intel Xeon 3000 processor with a 1066/800/533 MHz system bus and up to 8GB of dual-channel, unbuffered DDRII-667/533 memory. Other impressive features include a universal PCI-X 133MHz or PCI-Express x8 full-height expansion slot, dual PCI-Express Gigabit LAN ports and an IPMI 2.0 slot for remote server management.
Ideal for server appliances, these stable platforms provide enterprises with easy upgrade options from existing Pentium D platforms. Well-suited for small businesses, basic infrastructure and low-cost HPC applications, the broad new line of Supermicro UP server solutions includes the following products:
- SuperServer 5015M-UR: Redundant power 1U SAS/SATA server with 3 add-on cards
- SuperServer 5015M-MR+: Compact (14-inch depth) 1U server with rear I/O
- SuperServer 5015M-MF+: Compact (14-inch depth) 1U server with front I/O
- SuperServer 5015M-MT+: Compact (19.85" depth) 1U server with 4 hot-swap SATA drives
- SuperServer 5015M-T+: Cost-effective 1U SATA server
- SuperServer 5025M-4+: 2U SCSI server with 4 PCI-X 133/100 and 2 PCI-Express x8/x4
- SuperServer 5025M-i+: 2U SATA server with 4 PCI-X 133/100 and 2 PCI-Express x8/x4
- SuperServer 5025M-UR: 2U SAS/SATA server with 5 full-height, full-length add-on cards
For more details and to check out the industry’s most extensive selection of servers, chassis and motherboards, visit www.Supermicro.com.
- PDSMi+: Universal PCI-X 133 or PCI-Express x8 for 1U servers
- PDSM4+: U320 SCSI, 4 PCI-X and 2 PCI-Express for 2U and tower servers
- PDSME+: 4 PCI-X 133/100 and 2 PCI-Express x8/x4 for 2U and tower servers
- PDSMA+: 1 PCI-X 133, 1 PCI-Express x8 and five legacy PCI slots
- PDSMi-LN4+: 4 PCI-Express Gigabit LAN ports and 1 PCI-X 133 for 1U servers
- PDSML-LN2+: 9.6" x 9.6" board with 2 PCI-Express Gigabit LAN ports for 1U servers
- PDSML-LN1+: 9.6" x 9.6" board with 1 PCI-Express Gigabit LAN port for 1U servers
- PDSMU+: Flexible Universal I/O motherboard for 1U and 2U servers
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Established in 1993, Supermicro emphasizes superior product design and uncompromising quality control to produce industry-leading serverboards, chassis and server systems. These mission-critical Server Building Block solutions provide benefits across many environments, including data center deployment, high-performance computing, high-end workstations, storage networks and standalone server installations. For more information on Supermicro's complete line of advanced motherboards, SuperServers, and optimized chassis, visit www.Supermicro.com, email Marketing@Supermicro.com call the San Jose, CA headquarters at +1 408-503-8000.